June and July so far has slipped through my fingers and has been a blur of life moving at the pace of a race car. The quote that supposedly applies here is "time flies when you're having fun", which is sadly very true because I could cross my heart and swear that May was only two days ago. None the less, life recently has been the joy of finishing university exams and commencing the parties, the fancy expensive birthday dinners, the catch ups with friends and the long drives to nowhere for the sake of driving.
I should also mention, since it's what the photos are about, that two days ago I came home after a 4 day trip to the Snowy Mountains with 4 of my friends. It's safe to say that these 4 days have been one of the funnest and craziest times I've had so far in my 18 years. Highlights included:
- playing card games on the bus
- learning how to ski without attending a single lesson
- the exhilaration of skiing down steep slopes
- having great weather throughout the four days I was there
- playing drinking games and having deep conversations
- taking the back exit out of the hotel and cutting through private property to go for a dip in the almost frozen Lake Jindabyne
- bonding over drinks, dancing, jumping up and down to music and having a lot of fun in the bar on the last night
- being able to see so many stars at night
- the crisp mountain air
- the beautiful surrounds
- snow ball fights
- laughing at two of my friends who went skiing in shorts and a suit
- hiking down the mountain on the last day because my knee hurt too much to ski
- having a great time with some of my favourite people in the world
|The view from the resort we stayed at over Lake Jindabyne|
|If you look closely enough, you can see my oh-so-courteous friends giving me the finger|
|we couldn't make our own snowman so we saw this one and decided to tell everyone that he's ours|
The only thing I was disappointed about this little holiday was that I didn't get to see falling snow. These photos are from my phone since I decided that going skiing with Himmel isn't the best idea. I miss the holiday buzz already and my muscles are still recovering from the effort I put them through, but I can't say that it isn't good to be back in my own bed out of the cold.
And to anyone out there who still reads this little site, thanks for sticking around despite my spontaneous presence here. You'll hear from me soon. Have a great weekend.